Are you looking for a breakfast smoothie that’s not overly sweet but packs a punch? If that’s the case, then you want to try this recipe which perfectly balances a jalapeño’s heat with creamy avocado, nutrient-dense greens, and a touch of tropical sweetness.
Far from being overwhelmingly ‘green’ in flavor, the Spicy Chard and Pineapple smoothie achieves a nuanced taste profile that’s just a tad tart and packed with veggies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup tightly-packed, coarsely-chopped chard
- About 1/4 cup of avocado (approximately half of a small avocado)
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh jalapeño, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 cup of unflavored coconut water
- Place the chard, avocado, minced jalapeño, frozen pineapple pieces, and coconut water into your blender.
- Initially, pulse the ingredients on high to break down the frozen pineapple.
- Then, continue to blend on high until the smoothie is completely smooth and there are no visible bits of chard left. This should take roughly a minute.
Once you’re done, simply pour and enjoy a smoothie that’s full of complex flavors and satisfying textures which is ideal if you’re craving a not-so-sweet but utterly delicious start to their day.